How Can I Support The Arts Council?
There are several ways you can financially support Arts Council activities and events:
$60.00 - $10,000.00
General Donations and Fund Drive
When you donate to the Arts Council you're helping to:
- Provide children’s art activities throughout the year
- Support over 50 local arts and cultural member organizations
- Provide visual, performance and culinary art instruction to children and adults
- Bring national and international artists to Wichita Falls
- Support local and regional artists
- Provide and maintain two historic arts facilities that are& open to the entire community
- Improve the quality of life for residents, visitors, and potential business prospects
Each year the Arts Council presents an average of 30 art exhibits in six gallery spaces across three sites. The exhibits promote local and regional art while bringing art into the community. The Forum and The Kemp Center also both host a variety of events and series in visual, performance and other arts. In addition, The Kemp maintains the Sculpture Garden to bring the arts outdoors.
You can choose to become a sponsor of specific Arts Council events, such as:
- Art Gallery Openings
- ArtZeum Interactive Kids' Exhibit
- Performing Arts Concert Series
- Home and Garden Show
- Cowboy True
- Mystery Arts Festival
- Karevale Fundraiser
- Sculpture Garden Exhibit
For information on sponsorship benefits and investment, please contact Carol Sales, CEO at 940-767-2787 or email@example.com.
Honorarium & Memorial
Remember someone special or give a gift to honor someone close to you through an Honorarium or Memorial donation:
Honorariums are a great way to send greetings for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, thank yous, or any special occasion. Memorials are an elegant recognition of caring and support in memory of those no longer with us. Both gifts have the added value of helping others for years to come - they give at least three times:
- honoring your recipient with a gift of personal meaning
- helping The Arts Council to fulfill its mission
- helping to provide free gallery admission, free school field trips and distance learning, free hands-on arts programming, scholarships, and events
Memorial and Honorarium Possibilities
- General memorial and honorarium donations can be made at any time. Notification of your gift can be sent to the recipient of your choice, and will be acknowledged in our quarterly member newsletter (unless anonymity is requested).
- The Sculpture Garden provides several specific memorial and honorarium opportunities. Substantial donations are permanently marked in the garden itself with a Garden Angel and plaque, and all memorials are acknowledged in our quarterly member newsletter.
- In addition to traditional honorariums and memorials, The Arts Council holds Lift Up Art each year. This event recognizes a local or regional artist with deep history in the Wichita Falls arts community. In conjunction, patrons are encouraged to make a donation in memory or honor of someone in the community who has inspired them artistically. These special Lift Up Art honorees are listed on the wall at the Kemp Center throughout the duration of the event and will receive a small art gift as well. Click here for more information on our annual Lift Up Art program.
The Kemp Center for the Arts Endowment at the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation was made possible by a charitable bequest from a dedicated Kemp Center supporter and artist. This endowment is important to the perpetuity of the Kemp Center for the Arts’ contribution to the arts in the Wichita Falls area.
You can donate to the Endowment Fund and the continued work of the Kemp Center for the Arts in the following ways:
- Make a check payable to the Kemp Center for the Arts Endowment Fund through the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation.
- Donate appreciated stock. (Contact the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation at 940-766-0829 for the information your broker will need to make the transaction.)
- Include the Kemp Center for the Arts Endowment at the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation through a charitable bequest in your will.